To repair or replace, that is the question that likely comes to mind whenever your furnace stops working as it should. Repairing may be the most affordable solution now, but it might not be the best choice over the long run.
Here are some tips to help you make the decision…
Consider the Repair Cost & Age of the Heating and Cooling System:
The Fifty Percent Rule
When the cost of repairs approaches 50% of the value of your heating or cooling system, it’s generally time to replace the system.
How old is the heating or cooling system?
Even if needed repair costs aren’t as daunting as 50%, you might want to replace your system if it’s more than 12 years old or you’ve had a history of problems with it.
5 points in favour of a new Furnace & Air Conditioning System
- Lower utility bills – A high-efficiency furnace can save you hundreds of dollars each year in energy costs, compared to an older system.
- Environmentally Friendlier – A high-efficiency furnace not only saves you money but uses less energy which is better for the Environment
- Enhanced comfort – Advanced technologies that improve energy efficiency also enhance your comfort, so you can enjoy more even temperatures, better humidity control and a constant flow of conditioned air.
- Improved air quality – Better humidity control means a reduced potential for mold and mildew growth.
- Fall Savings – right now you can save on qualifying products between September 9th – November 29th 2013.
For help in deciding if it’s time to replace your heating or cooling system, give Home Comfort Canada a call – 1-855-567-4183 .